Friday, September 16, 2022

Ask Me About This Painting

I'm in Dun Laoghaire, Ireland, and I just did this little plein-air painting. 


Here it is partway finished, and below is the scene that was in front of me. The lighting is invented.

In a few weeks I'll be making a YouTube video about the whole process, and I would love to include your spoken question in the video. 

Please ask about anything to do with this specific image, or about gouache / watercolor painting in general, or whatever art-related topic you want to know my thoughts about. 

You can ask your question on Speakpipe.com

4 comments:

Riley Woodworth said...

What's your thought process on deciding what to paint? Do you stop to paint when you see something interesting, or do you have specific elements you are looking for to paint?

I often sketch whatever I find interesting on the spot.

Alan Anderson said...

Ireland is awesome! Hey James, dinosaur skeleton with fossilized skin found in Canada! https://www.foxweather.com/earth-space/dinosaur-mummy-found-canada

Alan Anderson said...

Alan Anderson

K via Seattle said...

My questions are always geared towards oil painting, but they apply here too - when layering colors how do you decide what order to lay down the colors?