Friday, October 26, 2007

Mike Dukakis


Here's a pencil portrait of Mike Dukakis that I made a few hours ago in my Moleskine drawing sketchbook. I was sitting about five feet from him as he gave a lecture. It was a bit of a challenge, because it was an upshot, and he was constantly moving during his hour-long talk.

Mike Dukakis was a three-term governor of Massachusetts, won the Democratic nomination for President in 1988, and has been a professor of political science here at Northeastern University in Boston for sixteen years.

3 comments:

Sophie Diao said...

Great drawing! I'm always excited when you post up life drawing stuff (:

Michael D. Barton, FCD said...

Not related to this post, but today I picked up the new book and am looking forward to going through it. I remember checking the first Dinotopia book out from a public library when I was either 14 or 15 (I am now almost 30)... I have since obtained all 3, now all 4, books... They will remain on my bookshelves for when my now 19-month old son can enjoy them...

DD said...

That is great, so expressive!