Thursday, October 6, 2022

Lightbox Schedule

For those of you attending Lightbox Expo in Pasadena, CA next week, I'll be there. I'll be doing two scheduled presentations.

1. Keynote Presentation, IMAGINATIVE REALISM: CLASSICAL HOW-TO
SATURDAY 10/15 10:30AM - 11:30AM ROOM 102
James Gurney
Dream it, plan it, paint it! This lively and entertaining digital slide presentation for all audiences examines the practical methods for translating an imaginative scene into a realistic painting. The topics include research, thumbnail sketches, models posing, maquettes, photo reference, and plein-air studies. I’ll chronicle the creative development that led to the fantasy universe of Dinotopia, the behind-the-scenes work on a scientific rendering of a dinosaur, archaeological reconstructions for National Geographic, and how I painted a giant robot outdoors, on location, in an urban streetscape.
12:10PM

2. Panel Discussion, THE BUILDING BLOCKS OF WORLD BUILDING
SATURDAY 10/15 12:10PM - 1:10PM ROOM 104-105

Dylan Cole, David Levy, Armand Baltazar, Sparth, Sonja Christoph, Renee di Cherri, James Gurney

4 comments:

Charlie said...

Hey thats fantastic! Looking forward to hearing it and saying hello!
Thanks for coming to LightBox.
Cheers
Charlie

Courtney said...

Would love it if these were recorded for those who can't make it. Or perhaps a highlight video?

Courtney said...

Will your keynotes be recorded? Always looking to learn more but unfortunately can't make it.

James Gurney said...

Courtney, my talks won't be recorded, sorry. For presentations like this, I prefer to focus on the live audience, and then when I make my YouTube videos, I make them just for the video audience.