Thursday, March 3, 2022

International Artist #144: Problems with Gouache (and How to Solve Them)




Gouache presents at least five difficulties: it freezes, it dries fast, it reactivates, it looks chalky, and it shifts values when it dries. The April/May 2022 issue of International Magazine explains all the challenges and the remedies.


The magazine has other features on Kim Casebeer, Warren Chang, Claudia Hartley, Sandra Bartels, John Lovett, Tanvi Pathare, Michael King and Erika Stearly.

You can get a signed copy of the magazine or the video for download and streaming.

5 comments:

H said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
H said...

Just bought! Signed anything will usually get my money, haha.

Unknown said...

The post: Problems with Gouache (And how to solve then) is a very small file/print size. Is it posted some where else so that I can read it? I'm very interested in the content.
Kathy Litwin

Unknown said...

The post: Problems with Gouache (And how to solve then) is a very small file/print size. Is it posted some where else so that I can read it? I'm very interested in the content.
kathy.litwin.55

James Gurney said...

Kathy, I still have a couple copies of the magazine in my web store.