Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Meet the GurneyJourney Staff

Ruth Squitieri asked if I do this blog all by myself or if I have a team helping out. So Ruth, Let me introduce my production staff to you.



Here’s Clifton, our Art Historian and Image Sleuth. He is an expert on obsolete traditions and hot new trends, which in the art field are one in the same.



Jonathan is our Writer. I keep telling him to keep it brief, cut out adjectives, and eschew obfuscation.

Donna, on the right, is Manager of Comments and Analytics. She tracks reader response and compiles the weekly Boredom Index to remind me which posts fell flat.



Margie, on the left is in charge of Blog Revenue. Or I should say "was in charge." Because of the economic downturn, I had to let her go last week, so she's sniffing around for a new job.

That’s about it, Ruth. I don’t do much on this blog, just let it run itself.

14 comments:

Steve said...

Alright, is this another one of my imagined memories, or have we seen this post in the past? I never forget a face and Clifton's is particularly unforgettable. Either way, thanks for encouraging Jonathan to adhere to Strunk and White's Elements of Style. Omit needless words. Omit needless words.

rock995 said...

This looks like a highly competent staff. No wonder you are #4 already!

James Gurney said...

Yes, Steve, it's a golden oldie, but....she asked.
I'm counting on there not being too many people with A) Your longstanding loyalty, and B) Your outstanding memory.

stapeliad said...

Why doesn't the parakeet have a job?

Roberto Quintana said...

And who's the Editor? You gotta have an Editor!

sketcher said...

Love it! Thanks for a good laugh.

Bug said...

This sort of honest response would never make it in Washington.

Sketching Artist said...

James, once again, you are my hero.
Thanks for explaining in a completely hilarious way that artists wear many hats in their own business.

Ruth Squitieri said...

Thanks for the personal and hilarious answer! You're the best. (Even though they all help with the mundane things, I'm still sure YOU are the one with all the cool and interesting ideas!)

Bob said...

What, no dinosaurs?

Catherine said...

Ahaha, I remember this one! But it's worth repeating.

Dianne Mize said...

I betcha one of these chair of a labor union.

Meera Rao said...

Thank you as always -- have loved your blog for many years now :) You make art fun !

Whimsical Wood said...

I knew there must be some reason behind the constant day by day provision of consistently high quality informative content. For a moment this revelation sort of spoilt the mystique of ' how does he do it time after time? Then I thought 'after all, he does still have to oversee the whole process, probably directs fairly closely and has to manage the staff as well''. So it's still a pretty creditable body of work even with the behind the scenes help.