Thursday, April 7, 2011

"Color and Light" News

The reprint of my new book, Color and Light: A Guide for the Realist Painter, arrived in the warehouse earlier this week. However, because the wholesale orders were so heavy, the second printing immediately sold out of the warehouse at the wholesale level. The third printing is on another ship scheduled to arrive on April 23. May 23.

We’ve got our new shipment at the Dinotopia Store today, so we have plenty of copies here.
 
I’d like to thank all the customers who have been ordering signed copies from our little store. Some of you have drawn amazing pictures on your envelopes. Thanks, Tiovo, Raymond, and everyone else. I also really appreciate the personal notes some of you have written. You are all on amazing artistic journeys.

I’ll be extending my offer to do the painted rainbows with sketches of dinosaurs in everyone’s books through the months of April and May.

Don’t forget that there’s a contest for blog readers to create a short video about the Color and Light book. It can be about something you’ve learned from the book, or you can use the chance to show off some of your own artwork. It’s pretty open-ended—it just has to mention or show the book and it has to be less than three minutes. All entries will be posted on the blog. And there are prizes.
---------
Order Color and Light or Imaginative Realism signed at Dinotopia.com   
Note: We regret that our online store can serve only USA customers. Sorry for the inconvenience for those who can’t get copies. Retailers: there is currently some stock at Ingram and Baker & Taylor.

 

4 comments:

jeff jordan said...

So do you have a nice scrapbook of Envelope Art? Maybe someday a book of just those.........

Kurt said...

The book is a good instruction book, not surprised it is selling so well. I treasure my copy.

MrCachet said...

The first thing I thought of when I saw the photo was MAIL ART. How much of it do you get? I'll bet there's a real imaginative bunch of artists out there who send you some good art (unsolicited) through the mail. How about showing some of it off on a semi-regular basis?

Ray Bonilla said...

WOW.Thank you for featuring my envelop Mr.Gurney and thanks for signing my book. You are a one of the main reasons I became an artist.