Wednesday, October 4, 2023

'Norman Rockwell Paints Modern America'

It's been a while since I posted about AI art, and it's amazing how far it has come.


These images appeared on Twitter (X) under the title: "Norman Rockwell Paints Modern America."

This one is called "Body Count."



I’m struck not only by the coherence of the images and the accuracy of the “1940s Illustration Propaganda” style, but by the high-level satirical insights about our culture's foibles. 

Does anyone know, was this generated with Dall-e3, and what were the prompts?

5 comments:

Charlie said...

Wild. The faces in the first one specifically make me think it's a Midjourney creation.

Lynnwood said...

I don't know....the pictures are reminiscent of the golden age of illustration....but NOTHING like Rockwell to me either in style or point of view. .more like a technically overqualified hack doing cigarette ads.Once again ,the thing about these AI images is that they are so dang BUSY!!....the cop- out of not being able to read the blackboard or the book....( being meaningfully obscure only works if it's meaningful).. the last one is the best..an apt subject tor Goya or George Grosz.....Good grief just listen to me go on and on! LOL... what we really need now are some AI- generated Art Critics!!

Wendy said...

I hope that the people who invented A.I. burn in hell. They are just thieves in my book.

Jan said...

"high-level satirical insights"

Ah yes, the high-level satire such as "pink haired woke groomers are indoctrinating your children at school with the gay agenda" - brilliant.
(/s)

Lynnwood said...

I know,Wendy, sometimes you just have to say it!!
I have so much to say about this...but I don't want to create blog- bog with my wordiness! I came across something that really speaks to the heart of the issue.
The"Muddy Colors" post of Sept 7,2023,"The Envy of Non-creatives"
by Lauren Panepinto....a must - read!
Also,guicker to look up, Prince's comments about "Guitar Hero".on the Tavis Smiley show.
Not AI exactly but what he said is relevant and gently eloquent.