1. Decorate a standard size #10 envelope. It could be any style, subject, or medium.
2. Address it to “Envelope Art Contest, The Dinotopia Store, PO Box 693, Rhinebeck, NY 12572.”
3. If it’s part of a store order, I’ll ship your stuff and set your envelope aside for the contest. All USA entrants will receive a signed Color and Light poster. Artists from other countries are eligible too.
4. Entries must be postmarked by
5. On June 10, I’ll post all the entries on the GurneyJourney blog. You’ll vote on them in a blog poll.
6. PRIZES: The winning entrant will receive a set of signed and remarqued posters: (Color and Light, Imaginative Realism, Journey to Chandara, and the Norton Museum show poster.) The second and third place finishers will get signed and remarqued "Color and Light" and "Imaginative Realism" posters.
7. People of any age, and any level of experience can enter. If you're 17 or younger, please write your age on the back of the envelope.
8. If you’re not sending a store order, you can just send a decorated envelope.
9. Entries can't be returned. All art becomes the property of BDSP, Inc. You’ll be credited on the blog with your website if you like (write that on the back of the envelope). If you don’t want your return address shown, please write it on the back of the envelope, or else I can blur it out.
Incidentally, can anyone guess who illustrated the envelope above? Hint: it’s a top animator at a big studio, drawn in 2003 when he was a first year art student.