Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I’m glad I brought my red pencil

Yesterday at the Lime Rock race track, we stopped by the infield/ pit area and said hi to our cousin Alex before his Grand-Am road race.


Here’s me and Alex with my son Frank, visiting from Boston.


The crew fine-tuned the steering on the #99 Gainsco car right up until the green flag at 2:00. Team driver Jon Fogarty (signature in upper left) started in his qualifying position of 5th place.


Alex drove the middle segment of the two hour and forty five minute race, working his way up in the ranks. They ended up finishing in fourth place.

Ricky Taylor in the #10 car opened up the lead early and held onto it until the end. It was a nice day to be outside and a real blast to watch the action. Thanks, Alex!
------
Alex Gurney bio with videohttp://www.grand-am.com/drivers/driver.cfm?series=r&did=1024

2 comments:

My Pen Name said...

That sketch just bubbles with energy... feels like it's about to roar off the page! great work James.

Gardenart said...

So great to see Dan and Alex on your blog! I've been drawing and painting every day for the last 4 years. Since I've discovered your blog I have learned so much!! It is definitely a "Journey" for me. My family and I have gotten to know your cousin's family a little bit. Enough to say that, yes indeed, you have an amazing family!!!
Just wanted to say thanks so much for the daily learning and inspiration! Alice