Thursday, August 29, 2013

Lionfish Shampoo Winners


Your votes are in (1193 of them), and I would like to congratulate Candice Broersma, Katie Small, and Michelle Spalding for being the top three winners in the Lionfish Shampoo Label contest.

I'll be sending out the signed Dinotopia goodies to them. We have also just received word that ImagineFX magazine, the leading journal of the imaginative arts, took such an interest in the contest that they will be publishing the work of the top three. Woohoo!

I'll be contacting the other top ten finalists about sending each of them a signed goodie, too.

And for the rest—there were about 80 entries in all— I must tell you that I've never seen a contest with such a strong level of entries. It was incredibly difficult to narrow the field down to just 10.

Many of you asked about the next GurneyJourney contest (whew!). Jeanette and I have a really cool idea for one and I will announce it tomorrow.

9 comments:

Keith Parker said...

Congrats, to everyone! Really glad to hear there will be another contest too. The IFX part is also really cool news! Really enjoyed the contest, as I'm sure others did. Looking forward to the next one!

Miss Meg said...

Awesome! I loved all the top finalists but I think these 3 really portray the Art Nouveau feel very well.The color schemes are beautiful as well!

Can't wait for the next contest- will you do one that both 2d and 3d artists can get in on? :)

Unknown said...

very cool and exciting results! Congrats to the guys also getting to be feature on ImagineFX as well!

Splended turn out!

Christian Schlierkamp said...

Awesome, awesome! Congratulations to the winners! Can't wait for ye theme of the new contest! :-D

Lester Yocum said...

James and Kathleen: Very well done.

tayete said...

Astonishing work!

Unknown said...

Congratulations to the winners!

Retta said...

Loved following this contest. I was so impressed with the entries!

May I suggest that along with the Best of Show winners, that maybe you could have categories of winners?

I thought of this because I voted for Devin and Josh Korwin. The text on their entry was hilariously clever, and I wished there was a prize for such wit!

Thank you for one of the BEST arts blogs ever. I never miss a post.

Destinie said...

Congrats to the winners! :)