Sunday, November 30, 2014

Uncle Joe

Today we'll be fondly remembering Joe Fusillo, one of my uncles on Jeanette's side, who passed away earlier this week. I knew him as a fun-loving, larger-than-life person who organized the kids' games at family parties and he always had everybody laughing.

He was a great builder and restorer, and always had ambitious projects in the works. I did this sketch at a family party a while ago, and I remember that even when his hair was white, his eyebrows were always dramatic and dark.

6 comments:

Melle Ferre said...

I like this composition and just the right level of rendering. Very sensitive and elegant. Now we will all remember Uncle Joe...thanks for sharing this.

Tom Hart said...

My sympathies to you and your family, particularly Jeanette. Your sketch is a nice, sensitive tribute to him, a good looking guy and by your account a man who enjoyed people and life.

Brian R. R. Hebb said...

A lovely tribute.

Christian Schlierkamp said...

So sorry to hear about your loss!

He does look like a most lovable and enchanting character.

All the best to Jeanette and you, Jim!

S. Stipick said...

Wishing you the very very best during this very sad time. My most sincere condolences.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Prayers and sympathies for your loss