Friday, July 15, 2016

Sunset at the Supermarket

Here's the view across the parking lot of the supermarket yesterday at sunset. 

Supermarket, gouache, 4 x 7 inches.
The painting sequence was a little different on this one. The sky is a transparent wash. I used ultramarine blue and burnt sienna gouache for the dark silhouettes. I painted tree darker at first, but I went in later with yellow and orange opaque gouache, painting the whole silhouette lighter as it approached the sun. 

I didn't have a camera at all to document the place or steps.


Tom Hart said...

Beautiful. Extremely effective.

Glenn Tait said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Glenn Tait said...

As Tom said, "beautiful". I love how you find the dramatic in the ordinary. The dark frame really sets off the effect nicely.

arturoquimico said...

My goodness... what draftsmanship... will I ever get there???

Teresa Johnson said...

Love that light effect. incredible

Louise Boyer said...

Wow, thought that was a picture, and was looking further down for the painting...that says it all !
You are really good