Friday, March 30, 2018

Applications Welcome for Catskill Center Residency

This little red cabin is perched above a waterfall at the head of Platte Clove in New York's Catskill Mountains. I sketched it using oils and pen-and-ink. 

The cabin has limited electricity, no running water, an outhouse, a few mice, and plenty of peace and quiet. If you're selected by the jury, you can stay in it for a week-long residency at no charge.

They are willing to consider all kinds of creative people, including visual artists, writers and other makers. 

Deadline for applications is April 6. More information at Catskill Center website.

1 comment:

Loretta said...

I remember seeing this painting years ago and loving it. I have a building I built that resembles it with the large odd overhang and there is such warmth to it. The musicians on the porch brought me back to my college days in a traditional Irish Band where much music and little studying happened but love of life developed. Your blog is a sunny spot in bleak times, thank you James and your dear Jeanette.