Saturday, November 3, 2018

View from Shamrock Tacos

The best tacos in Texas are at Shamrock Tacos, tucked away in the gas station in Wimberley.


From the picnic table outside, I'm looking at Hill Country Tire and Automotive. I love the bright Texas sun, and the details of the white car and the truck parked across the empty parking lot.


I lay a light warm color across the scene and refine the areas, going from transparent to opaque and from large areas to small details. (Link to video).
---
Deadline is November 7 for the Paint a Cell Tower Challenge. Check it out on Facebook.
I'm using M. Graham gouache in a Pentalic Aqua Journal.
Facebook group: Sketch Easel Builders, free to join.
Follow me on Instagram @jamesgurneyart


1 comment:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Very nice. Good tacos are worth the travel time.