Recently one of you asked to see a photo of all the gear that I (Jim) take on the spot for field sketching.
Here’s all you need for the watercolor pencil sketches: a few pencils, a waterpen, and a pocket drawing sketchbook. They all fit in two pockets of a jacket, so you can take them anywhere.
The complete watercolor/drawing sketch kit fits easily into a fanny pack or a briefcase.
1. Paper towels in a plastic bag.
2. A plastic pencil box
3. Assorted pencils and erasers.
4. A sharpener with a shaving catcher.
5. 60 ml (1/4 cup) wide-mouth Nalgene water container.
6. Bound watercolor book (Moleskine, Cass, etc)
7. Schmincke (or Winsor Newton or Lukas) small watercolor box with half-pans, with larger pans of white (used only for special effects) and of sepia