Monday, October 26, 2009

Voyage to Utopiales


Today, Jeanette will be boarding the Lepidopter for the night flight to France for the Utopiales Festival, which will be held later this week in Nantes, France, birthplace of Jules Verne.

Here's my schedule for the festival:

FRIDAY OCTOBER 30TH
5.00 pm – Miss Spock’s bar
Are the horizons lost?
With : Thomas Day, James Gurney, Gilles Ménégaldo

SATURDAY OCTOBER 31TH
2.00 pm – Espace Shayol
Meet with James Gurney

7.00 pm – Espace Shayol
Do architecture and town planning create better worlds?
With : Alain Boeswillwald, Laurent Lescop, James Gurney, Ugo Bellagamba

The traveling exhibit of 50+ paintings from Dinotopia: Journey to Chandara will also be on view.
----
More about the Lepidopter (butterfly flying machine) painting and maquette.

11 comments:

jeff jordan said...

So how does lepidopter lag compare to ordinary jet lag?

Steve said...

Will there be posters for sale?

James Gurney said...

Jeff, it's not the lag, but the bounce that gets you.

Steve, I don't know, but they told me there will be several sizes of posters on display there. I'll also be bringing the original painting.

Ginger*:) said...

Just simply fantastic! I loved seeing your posts earlier on the creation of this work of art.

Erik Bongers said...

Bon voyage!

Steve said...

Hey, I just noticed only Jeanette is mentioned as taking the Lepidopter. That must mean you're traveling by Skybax. Regardless, have a safe journey and keep us posted.

badbot said...

hem... are you going to be present all day on saturday? will you be there a few days? i know that an lecture is scheduled on saturday but you know, time is always running fast during happening like this...

it's just that i have the firm intention to says "hi!" for real :)

anyway, Bon voyage et bon séjour a Nantes!

( hope i will receive my Imaginative Realism until this week end ^^ )

Eugen Caitaz said...

Lepidopter!!!! That's cool name for this Utopias! I wish you goodluck in France!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Have a nice journey! I spent all of September in that corner of France, it was truly wonderful. Unfortunately, I didn't make it to Nantes itself, but from all I've heard, it is a great place.

Lozano said...

So great, welcome to Nantes sir !
I've just received my Imaginative Realism yesterday, and like i've thought it will push me to train my english.

Hoping you'll enjoy your visit :)

A très bientôt.

James Gurney said...

I'm looking forward to see our friends in France and meeting many new ones! I have added the scheduled events which I will be part of.

Steve, you're right: I was in such a hurry this morning, I only mentioned Jeanette. Fortunately, we both survived the flight of the Mayfly 4000 (the Lepidopter was taken away at the last minute).