Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Two Chinese Art Competitions

Two different international art competitions hosted by organizers from China are looking for submissions.


In “Share One Planet,” they’re looking for digital paintings of wild animals. I’ll be one of the judges. Arnie and Cathy Fenner of Spectrum will also be judging.

For oil painters, there’s another art competition called “American China Oil Painting League,” ACOPAL. Winning paintings will be exhibited in New York and Beijing. The deadline for that one is April 18.

----
Share One Planet
ACOPAL

3 comments:

MrCachet said...

It's really too bad I don't do digital. In November of 2009 I posted a piece of letterhead which answered an inquiry in 1948 by three third graders in McCabe, Montana, about the Giant Panda.

http://oldpaperart.blogspot.com/2009/11/giant-panda.html

I thought it especially interesting that there was an interest in the Panda even in the Forties about this reclusive animal. The letter describes how the first Panda had been brought to Brookfield, Illinois in 1936.

frank gressie said...

the first link don't seem to work?

Heidi said...

I just wanted to thank you for the heads-up about the Share One Planet competition. I got started on my submission the day after this blog post and submitted it on Tuesday. There have been some fantastic submissions; I am sure you will enjoy going through them yourself when it comes time to judge!