Sunday, October 20, 2013

"Homecoming" Original Painting to Auction October 26


An original painting of mine called "Homecoming" will be coming up for sale at Heritage Auctions on October 26. I painted it in 1984 for a science fiction paperback novel by John Dalmas about neo-barbarians encountering an advanced civilization.


Although the auction record doesn't mention it, the painting also appeared on page 140-141 of my book Imaginative Realism, where I also shared some of the preliminary sketches. This is a rare chance to own an important original, since they are almost exclusively sold by auction, and that doesn't happen too often.

Here's a video about the entire auction.
-----
Heritage Auctions October 26

2 comments:

Psycho James said...

WHOA! I WANT IT!

Bil Hardenberger said...

It's really interesting to zoom in and see the different levels of detail for the different parts of the painting James.

Let me know when you go to sell the Cumberland painting ;)

Bil