Sunday, August 23, 2015

Baby Tattoo 10 Year Exhibit


The Oceanside Museum of Art opened an exhibition yesterday called the Baby Tattooville Carnival of Astounding Art, which looks back on ten years of the pop surrealist art gathering inspired by Bob Self.

Detail of 2009 Baby Tattooville Art Jam
I was an artist guest at Baby Tattoo in 2009 and 2011, and participated in the Art Jam, a group painting event. Here's my contribution, Happy Buddha as a gold spheroid.


I did about 50 little drawings for the guests that attended in 2009, and one of those drawings will be part of the exhibit, but I'm not sure which one. 
-----
The show will be up until January 3, 2016.

2 comments:

jeff jordan said...

Lines and Colors just posted their 10 year anniversary, as well.

Gayle said...

So many interesting events going on that I would have never known about were it not for your blog! Really appreciate as well all the other information you share with us. I look forward to each of your blogs.