Sunday, September 26, 2010

Folded and Gathered

The unbound proofs of Color and Light have just arrived. These are the final pages, with all the folded and gathered signatures, but it’s not yet bound into the final softcover book. The production run is just finishing, and will soon be on a boat crossing the Pacific.

The book has over 300 color reproductions, with my plein air work more strongly represented than in Imaginative Realism.

The publisher, Andrews McMeel took great care with the reproduction, going through four rounds of color proofing, and reshooting a whole bunch of pieces to make them even better. I’m very excited with how it’s looking. We expect that the books will be in stores around the end of November.

Color and Light book

12 comments:

Shane said...

Hurray! I can't wait =)

Jean Wogaman said...

Great!

Erik Bongers said...

Can't wait.

willborough said...

Me neither. Finally someone explains color and light to us aspiring artists in depth.

B

Shane White said...

Will you be offering them through your site like you did for Imaginative Realism?

=s=

James Gurney said...

Thanks, folks. Shane, yes, I'll put something up on the Dinotopia store site in a couple of weeks.

Daniel Cruit said...

Oh man, I can't wait for this. Hopefully I can buy both this one and Imaginative Realism together, just gotta save up. Looks great!

Lucas Durham said...

I've already preordered it on Amazone.com! Your book Imaginative Realism and the article in the Sept 2010 issue of ImagineFX has already helped my color schemes so much, I can't wait for your next book!

Walt Morton said...

Looking forward to getting a copy. - Walt Morton

Cavematty said...

Very exciting Mr Gurney. I FINALLY picked up a copy of Imaginative Realism. I've been reading your blog for so long I was worried it would steal the thunder from the book. However the book is so thoughtfully put together, and with such great reproductions that it is a fantastic read even after following Gurney Journey for so long.

I will be getting two copies of the new book immediately, one for a christmas gift - if they make it to little old NZ in time :)

Dit said...

Excellent, can't wait! I am using your poster from Imagine FX to help with lighting portraits - great help indeed - so I really can't wait for the book!

Andrew Finnie said...

On you! I ordered this last night so I am looking very forward to it (sorry for my English _ I am Australian :) )

But seriously, !