Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Dinotopia books on their way

Good news for those of you who ordered a copy of the 20th Anniversary Edition of Dinotopia. They all shipped out yesterday. The books are all signed with little drawings of dinosaurs in each one (Yes, Emily, you got your "Rainbowasaurus.")

Here's the view from the clerk at our local post office yesterday afternoon.

And for those who ordered the new Howard Pyle book, some of them have shipped already, and the rest will ship out this coming Monday. Those books are so popular that our supply ran out, so we're going directly to the source (The Delaware Art Museum) this week to get some more.

If you live in the Mid-Atlantic states, please come to one of my upcoming lectures:
LINKS
New  20th Anniversary Edition of Dinotopia
New Howard Pyle: American Master Rediscovered
See the YouTube video about how we mail off books

8 comments:

armandcabrera said...

Looking forward to the lecture at the museum Saturday. See you then.

Unknown said...

i bet mine is in that pile!

Chris said...

I was interested in attending tonight at MICA, but I called and the school says that the lecture is not open to the public. Just in case anyone was planning on going, it seems you must be a MICA student.

James Gurney said...

Chris, I'm sorry for the confusion. I just spoke to a couple teachers there and they said the evening lecture is open to anyone (the 1:00 daytime demo/lecture was private)

But space at the evening talk is limited, so it might be wise to get there early.

The Howard Pyle event is also open to all on Saturday.

Chris said...

Thanks so much, James! I'm going to try to show up, then!

Chris said...

Wow! That was an amazing lecture! Bravo! To tell the truth, the only other time I've seen a lecture so packed full of people was for Buzz Aldrin. I especially loved the questions yelled from the invisible overflow audience in the foyer!

Emily said...

Oh my goodness! I'm sooo very excited. Thanks for the Rainbowasaurus! :)

Sketching Artist said...

Woohoo!!! I received my book today in my mailbox. I have to say, it's a really great feeling to open up that bad-boy and see the message and my own little dinosaur drawing. Can't wait to get some me time to get absorbed in Dinotopia.
Thanks you.