Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Cornucopia

BOOKSIGNING AT BOOKS OF WONDER IN NEW YORK CITY 12:00-2:00 THIS SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 26.

 
The town of Cornucopia lies just northeast of Treetown in Dinotopia. It's the center of a big farming area, with spectacular harvest festivals this time of year.

The name "cornucopia" means "horn of plenty," and the design motif of the horn spilling over with fruit and vegetables is a common sight in that town. Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

Map detail from Dinotopia: Journey to Chandara.
Wikipedia on "cornucopia."

4 comments:

T. Arispe said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I think today I'm going to imagine myself in that town, feasting gratefully with dinosaurs.

(If I were feasting with dinosaurs I'd have one more thing to be extra grateful about.)

Christian Schlierkamp said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!

With a nice turkey-experiment:
Did you know that a turkey has nearly the same mass as a Velociraptor?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lonb3D1G2-8&feature=related

(at around 2:30)

Unknown said...

You say northeast, but isn't that a little northwest on the map? Or has chemo cooked my brain.

James Gurney said...

Yes, of course, northwest! Sorry, moving fast.

Christian, I try not to think about turkeys tasting like dinosaurs. Jack Horner says they'd be all red meat.

And as Surfin' said, better to eat them than be eaten by them.