Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Looking forward to IMC 2013

I'm pleased to announce that I'll be participating in Illustration Master Class again. IMC will take place June 10-16, 2013. I will be there for two days of the class. This is the week-long fantasy art workshop that happens every June on the Amherst College campus in Massachusetts.


I'll be joining the core faculty of Boris Vallejo, Julie Bell, Rebecca Guay, Donato Giancola, Greg Manchess, Dan DosSantos, Scott Fischer, Irene Gallo and special guest Mike Mignola.

The 80-90 students come from all over the world, and with all levels of ability, but all come with a thirst for hard work and pushing the boundaries. I'll be lecturing, demoing, signing books, and circulating to see what people are doing. It's a great learning environment because it's task-based, so everyone is in the middle of creating a new image, including most of the instructors.

Be sure to sign up early, because the spaces fill quickly.
Illustration Master Class 2013

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are the exact dates? I'd love to go.

James Gurney said...

Anon, I know it's hard to tell from the website, but it will be June 7-14, 2013, and I'll be there for two days mid-week.

Keith Parker said...

Only two days? If memory serves me correctly you were there the whole week last year...either way I'm going to try and sign up for this one. It looks and sounds amazing!

Aaron said...

I'm gonna look into it as well, looks like an amazing experience. I saw Mike Mignola's name and took a double take, one of my favorite comic artists. I had a chance to meet with him at the Charlotte Herocon comic convention, really just about the nicest guy you would ever want to meet.

Andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea said...

Thank you for posting the dates, James! I'm excited for the fact I may be able to attend this coming LMC in 2013. Briefly met you at Anthrocon 2010 but would be more worth it to see and learn from ya'll first hand!

mdmattin said...

I exchanged emails with Rebecca Guay, who indicated that the dates were June 10-16,2013 (Monday - Saturday).
I'm hoping I can do this, as I live in the area. I'm also planning to attend your presentation in New London on October 13.
Matthew